Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yeah, But what about when it really happens

I'm all about talking the talk.

In Elders' Quorum today we discussed Elder Wirthlin's last Conference talk, "Come What May and Love It," and I made some comments about how we should enjoy the every day things that we do with our families, particularly our children, who can sometimes be a little frustrating.

Then this evening, as J was getting ready to go to work, we came upstairs to find Morgan hysterical and saying something about, "Clean it up, Daddy!"

We followed him into the bathroom where there was an inch of water on the floor. He had put nearly an entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet and flushed.

This is something we have tried to help him learn not to do, inasmuch as he is currently in potty training mode and these kinds of temptations are around. But he doesn't learn such things very easily.

Or, at all.

I got most of the water mopped up and then went to try and fix the toilet. In my attempts to do so, more water ended up on the floor, which I cleaned up.

(Oh, all this while poor little Jack had to sit in his high chair and try to be entertained, though he was really in the mood to be held.)

Just when I was very nearly done mopping up the water for the second time, Morgan came running toward me there in the bathroom (I do not know what for), slipped, and knocked the mop bucket of dirty toilet water over.

Yeah, come what may, and love it.

Maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

TJ said...

I'm just not righteous enough to love that.

Unknown said...

That's awesome. The fact that you're blogging about it must mean that you love it a little.

100K Miles...and then some said...

I love toilet humor.

Holdinator said...

Humor?

Oh. So last night after all this Morgan spilled a cup of orange juice on the kitchen floor and then attempted to clean it up by using his toy vacuum.

Mark said...

That kind of reminds me of when you came running up the stairs and out the front door when they were putting new carpet on the front porch. That was you, right? You came running out, slipped on the wet glue or whatever it was and ended up on your back. That was a mess, too!