Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And Out Come the Wolves, in which I decide this is the greatest punk album of all time

Really. It is.

"Ah, turn it up!"

"Oy oy oy!"

"Na na na na, na na na na, na na na!"

"The radio was playin', Desmond Dekker was singin'..."

Journey to the End of East Bay's bass line and concise telling of the Operation Ivy story: "Four kids on tour, three thousand miles, in a four door car, not know what was goin' on."

"Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac..."

"Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho!"

That's evidence enough.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Happy tenth anniversary of Cute Band Alert's last show. Apparently the greatest band I've never heard.

Daniel said...

Another correct observation.

Chrissy said...

My hand went blind
Pure in the vein, clairvoyent
Pure in the vein, clairvoyent
My hand went blind
I make love to my transistor
My transparent seed

something something

Like the cover of an old Bible
And out come the wolves!
Out come the wolves!
Their paws trampling the snow of the alphabet
I stand on my head and watch it all go away