Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Serious! in which Joshua is not pleased when I laugh at things he says

I hate having fights with Josh. It's just not a pleasant thing. If there is one positive that comes of it, though, it is the opportunity afterward to have an open and honest discussion about what happened.

Which inspired this exchange:

Josh: When I lose my temper, I get grounded from things, like the Wii and TV.
Me: Mm-hm.
Josh: But when you lose your temper, you don't get grounded, and that's not fair.
Me: What do you think I should be grounded from?
Josh: I don't know, like maybe doing laundry.

4 comments:

TJ said...

Sounds good to me!

Angie Lewis said...

Ooh, I'd LOVE to be grounded from doing laundry. Maybe I'd better start losing my temper more often! :)

Megan said...

I would be very naughty indeed just to get punished in such a way. I love it.

And your letter to Annie has had me laughing silly for days. I couldn't comment before because I was laughing so hard "I urge you to resist it." Such a plea!

Chrissy said...

Totally agree, though I think I would "lose my temper" too much