Sunday, June 27, 2010

BRT, in which we Have This Conversation:

Me: I broke a drum stick.
Elder Holdaway: Huh?
Me: I broke a drum stick. Playing the drums. The boys asked me to play the Power Rangers theme song, so I did, and I broke a drum stick.
Elder Holdaway: But I thought you hadn't played drums in two years.
Me: I hadn't, but then on a whim I set up my drums and, well, there you go. By the way, I had totally forgotten how it feels to break a stick. It's really satisfying.
Elder Holdaway: Everyone always said I played too loud, or too hard.
Me: Or too fast?
Elder Holdaway: Yeah! Or too fast.
Me: I still do.
Elder Holdaway: Good. Good for you.

2 comments:

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Do you remember a show we played at the Vets Hall, and we played with a three-person version of I'm With Stupid, and we had already played a show already that day, and we played every song like three times as fast as we normally did, and at the end you kicked over your drum set and collapsed? That was great.

Megan said...

Remember when Rash played at my 16th birthday party? Well, either you broke a stick then, or I thought you did because I had a piece of a broken drumstick that I thought was yours that I kept in a little box and looked at often thought crush-ful thoughts of you. Hillary and I actually fought over it.