Sunday, December 16, 2007

Greatest PBS Kids Show Ever!

Joshua just finished watching a fantastic show on PBS. I will now explain why "WordGirl" is the best PBS kids show I am aware of. If you go to the above link you will see each of the elements of the show in detail, but I offer a short list of elements that make it enjoyable for me:
  1. It's a Superhero show
  2. The superhero has a monkey for a sidekick (named Captain Huggy Face)
  3. There is a quintessential narrator who engages in banter with the characters
  4. The main villain is a butcher who shoots sausages out of his hands
  5. In today's episode, the butcher was defeated by tofu
  6. The superhero's parents are wonderfully oblivious to their daughter's powers, and when they nearly discover her alter ego, Captain Huggy Face intervenes in some way
  7. Seriously, a monkey sidekick
Check out the website or look it up on youtube. It's brilliant.

Here's a clip of WordGirl being interviewed...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Remember Today's Special? PBS has the best kid's shows really. This one I've not heard of, but we'll be on the lookout for it now. I love the idea of having a monkey as a sidekick.