Friday, March 14, 2008

Bless You!!

A week ago today I drove down to St. George with a coworker to pick up a car from the Saturn dealership down there. On the way he was surprised to hear about my punk rock past. We enjoyed listening to Rancid and Goldfinger as we became more and more acquainted during the drive. As we pulled off the freeway and made our way toward Jack in the Box for lunch (MMMMMM!!!) I took the CD out of the CD player and the radio station was playing a little country tune. When we got back in the car after lunch there was a man speaking about sneezing--ALL ABOUT SNEEZING.

Everything you could possibly ever wonder about sneezing was addressed in this broadcast... it was amazing.

Perhaps this is the reason that the other day, after I sneezed a really satisfying sneeze, I stopped and thought about the sound I make when I sneeze.

I sneeze like this:

HEEEYYY-CHOOO!! (this is accomplished with a constant raising pitch)

So, it's not quite the stereotypical onomatopoeia of a sneeze, but pretty close.

Comment time! I'm curious, what do your sneezes sound like? Is a sneeze like a finger print, everyone has a distinct one? Discuss.

6 comments:

Sacajawea said...

Mine are the pretty standard "ahhh-choooo"s' with some unique high pitches at the ch part,the ooo's are drawn out. Ky's are quick but always in pairs. Usually three

Laurie said...

Funny, the day we bought our saturn in St. George the first place we went afterward was that jack-in-the-box.

I've always been a little envious of people with muted sneezes. Mine are loud and there's no helping it, although I try not to amplify the sound as much as possible. Here's my best attempt at putting it into letters:

aaa-sctchctchooo

When Jordan was a little baby he would always do a little satisfied sigh after he sneezed. It was so cute.

Dan said...

My sneezes are short and plentiful. At least 4 or 5 and they kind of sound like coughs. My mom's on the other hand are amazing. She goes "ah-choo, ah-choo, HAYWATHA!" I think that the two "achoos" at the beginning are more preparatory sneezes rather than real ones. There. More than you needed to know about your kindergarten teacher.

TheKeilShpeel said...

I don't know my sneeze. It's soo loud. I wish I always had the little cute.. achoo.

Chrissy said...

I don't sneeze I squeak.

Anonymous said...

I think that we must have got our sneezes from Grandma Jessie. I sneeze loud, if I don't sneeze loud than it isn't worth it. My Jess always comments on how loud I sneeze.

Dave