Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do You Need Apples?

We've got some fruit trees in our backyard. There's an apricot tree that drops all its fruit just before it goes ripe, a peach tree that produces two good peaches a year and 500 rotten ones, a pear tree (or maybe two I forget), and two apple trees. This year one of the apple trees did really well (no thanks to me, I only watered the lawn half the summer as J will tell you).

But anyway, we've got an abundance of apples. So the other night I thought I would use some of these apples to add a little crunch to one of my favorite things.I give you the apple quesadilla.This guy approved.
J had me make her a quesadilla with peanut butter and bananas. But without the cheese maybe it's not so much a quesadilla as a pbbdilla.
How did I not know about this? For most of my life I had no idea that such a beautiful and wonderful thing existed. I somehow survived two years as a missionary eating melted cheese on a tortilla done in the microwave... without anything else. All I had to do to make it a million times better was mix some salsa and sour cream together.
This guy opted for something entirely different. Pasta Alfredo with broccoli. He mostly likes that broccoli.
The point is, we have lots and lots of apples if you're hungering for some.

2 comments:

Matsby said...

I would like some apples.

But you should be careful about showing pictures of you feeding your kids this kind of thing.

The state will take them away.

Laurie said...

I don't know about those variety of dillas, but the apples look good. Lately I've been craving apples with caramel dip, only it's still a little awkward to eat crunchy food. What kind are they?

I am not a successful fruit grower. I thought we'd have an abundance of apricots this year, but it turned out the bugs had got to them first.