Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quick Enchiladas

I don't have any pictures, for which I apologize, but here is the story:

Last night around 11:30 we decided we were hungry, and so I did what I like to do in those situations and threw something together. It turned out rather nice, wherefore I thought I would share it.

First, I sauteed a few chicken breast tenders (I just place them frozen in a pan on medium heat, cover them, and let them cook. They stay nice and moist this way.) As they got white and looked like they were cooked through, I poured some Archer Farms Chilies & Lime sauce over each of them (this is only available at Target).

In the mean time I prepared a diced tomato and got out some flour tortillas, lettuce (romaine hearts was my green of choice), cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

Using my trusty cooking spatula I chopped up the tenders while still in the pan, then emptied the entire contents of the pan (extra sauce and all) into a dish.

Then I placed a generous portion of shredded cheese and some of the chopped tenders into four flour tortillas, rolled them, and placed them into the same pan used to cook the chicken (still lightly coated with oil from the sauce). I was careful to save as much of the sauce in the dish as possible. To this (the sauce in the dish) I added a spoonful of sour cream and whisked the crud out of it, and then poured the combination of sauce and sour cream on top of the rolled tortillas and placed the pan back on the stove at a little above medium heat for a few minutes.

I served the enchiladas with the lettuce, diced tomatoes, and salsa on top. They were rather delicious, if I do say so... :)

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds good!! Thanks for posting the instructions.

Denae said...

Who knew that Brian was also a master chef!! Kudos sounds delish!

Evenson Fam said...

Ha ha. You have too much time on your hands. Just kidding. Sounds good. I'll have to try it.

Megan said...

That sounds yumm-o. My husband's creations are either WAY good or WAY not something I want to try. Tonight he fried some WAY good chicken. I'll have to show him your enchilada recipe.