Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Radio Teasing

This morning I was listening to KSL while doing our morning routine (feeding the kids, playing with them, and working on my appraisal online training) and heard a lot about some sort of "press conference" that the Church would be holding at 10:00.

I got all excited thinking that maybe they were going to announce the new counselor in the First Presidency a few days ahead of General Conference. But then a later report clarified what was going on: it was an internet news conversation of some kind, in light of such things as a Mormon presidential candidate and the conviction of Warren Jeffs (I suppose to emphatically state that Mr. Jeffs has no link and/or affiliation with the Church whatsoever). When I heard this I immediately went to lds.org to find the link to this thing, but found nothing about it. So I went to KSL's website, thinking that the story on the webpage would have a link to the thing, but the story was not even listed (even though it was touted as the "top local story" for half the morning). So I went to national news sites looking for anything about this, but couldn't find it at all. Finally, KSL played about 15 seconds of it and then went to commercial.

In all, I wasted about 45 minutes trying to listen to something that, apparently, the public was not privy to, and found much frustration in doing so. Wherefore, I consider it rather unfair that KSL make such a big deal about this thing and then leave me hanging. If the public cannot hear it, please tell us!

Oh well. Life goes on and at least we're only a few days from Conference--something I can readily participate in myself. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Funny, same thing happened to me regarding that press conference, although I spent only about 1 minute and 30 seconds looking online for it. KSL now has a link on their home page, which, if you follow, leads you to the full audio. Maybe you've already seen that by now.

Megan said...

the stupid thing about news stories is that they spend forever psyching you up for it and then the actual story is like 9 seconds. Its obnoxious. I'm glad you found my blog and I'm glad I found yours.