Monday, October 22, 2007

A Week Without Technology; sort of...





Last week Jessica, the boys, all of Jessica's family, and I went to Anaheim to spend the week at Disneyland. The hotel we stayed in boasted internet access, but as with most hotels that do so did not tell us about the fees and everything else that are part and parcel of such access. So we spent the week without technology, excepting of course the kind of technology that causes you to speed through the atmosphere at really accelerated rates.

Apparently I missed out on some news, like Stephen Colbert's announcement that he is running for president (in South Carolina only). I'm not exactly sure how that works, but... well, his interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press was pretty funny.

No, we spent our evenings in the hotel room watching the Disney Channel (this is something we do not do at home inasmuch as we do not have cable TV or anything like unto it). I discovered a really fantastic show called "The Replacements." It's a silly cartoon but it is actually funny! That just so happens to be an element missing in a lot of entertainment these days--humor.

So Disneyland was wonderful Joshua loved the Astro Blasters ride (you get to shoot aliens with laser guns, what's cooler than that?) and the Matterhorn. Jessica loved the Tower of Terror, and Morgan pretty well liked being outside for most of the day. Speaking of, I'm including some contrasting pictures to demonstrate the weather we left in Sunny California compared to that which we woke up to Sunday morning in Utah after arriving home.

It's good to be home.

4 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Ok.. so Morgan in the picture looks exactly like his Daddy :) It's soo cute. I'm glad you guys had fun in Disneyland. Wasn't Sara just there too! You guys should have gone togetehr.

Megan said...

Ahhh. Disneyland with kids. I bet that was just so much fun to see the smiles on your boys faces. And this Utah weather... Every year It suprises me when it gets cold. You'd think I'd be used to it by now having lived her my whole life. But I'm not. I'll go outside in flip flops and short sleeves and then think, "oh. Maybe I should have brought a jacket. I guess it is December isn't it?" Your kids are cute!

Laurie said...

Missed your blog updates! Sounds like it was nice in California.

Tiffany said...

Your boys are so cute! I'm gad you had fun in California! That sounds like such a fun family vacation!