Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now When I Said No...

So four weeks ago I quit my job at Saturn. 

It was official when Mini #3 was born. You see, I'm not very good at sales. As the general manager said, "You're too nice. People know they can tell you no."

I tend to give people an out; I'm not pushy; etc.

But man, now that I'm not there selling Saturns, let me tell you, they are wonderful cars and the service that you will get, especially at Saturn of Orem, is unmatched in the car industry. The people there are sincere and actually care about their guests. Even if you are not interested in the Saturn brand (which you should be, by the way), go there to see what they have and receive a little education on car buying.

Oh, for those who may be interested in the Toyota Highlander, a really nice crossover no doubt, don't make any decisions until you've checked out the Saturn Outlook. 

You know who you are.

For the past four weeks, then, I've been "in school." At least, that's what it sounds like to people, and I'm often asked how school is going.

But really, I'm just taking this one class, eight weeks in all, to get my nurse assistant certification. So saying that I'm in school right now is like saying UCLA played a football game today. It's not exactly like what you may be thinking.

Oh, and class was cancelled three out of four days this past week.

But I did apply for a job. I should have known better. It's become very clear that I am not supposed to work for the Church or any of the ancillary branches of the Church. Even if I get an interview and feel like I'm extremely qualified... nah. It doesn't happen.

It was for a job at the MTC. One that I've been watching to see if it would open for more than a year. It did; I applied, I interviewed, and they hired someone else.

But I think I'll like wearing scrubs to work better than a suit anyway.



8 comments:

Megan said...

i do know who I am, and I'll have to research that outlook. thanks for the tip. Good luck with "school"

Denae said...

Scrubs are the best! I hope that you can get the job that you want be it with the church or at the hospital with your wife and I. :)

TJ said...

We miss you around here, sorry it didn't work out at the MTC.

The Morty's said...

Even if it is only one class, you are still in school. I hope you will find a job in that field and love it. We miss you at Saturn, stop in and say hi sometimes. And bring your cute family with you.

Jessica said...

I'm pretty sure one of our favorite shows is not named suits. plus they're kind of WEIRD at the MTC.

Mark said...

Scrubs get old after a while... at least that's what some of my co-workers have told me. That's really a bummer to hear that you didn't get the job. Mom told me you were having an interview last week. I think you'll enjoy "caring" for people since you've been so good at it for your whole life.

Laurie said...

I like this part: "So saying that I'm in school right now is like saying UCLA played a football game today."

NOW you tell me about the outlook! We just switched from Tacoma to Armada. I'm happy with it anyway.

Chrissy said...

green or blue? Stay away from cartoon characters it looks tacky.