Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pet Peeves

I've never really been one to be bothered by things. But I realized today that I do have one pet peeve.

This is very exciting for me.

Do you recognize the man second from the left?It's Deon Richmond. He played the role of Kenny on the Cosby Show way back in the 80's. Kenny was one of Rudy's friends, but Rudy insisted on calling him "Bud." Kenny really didn't care much for the nickname.

And you know what? I don't really like it either!

I realized this when speaking with a colleague at another dealership on the phone. As we went to end the call he said, "Thanks bud." And it really ticked me off. What makes him think he can call me "bud"? It sounds really condescending to me.

I probably just have a really young sounding voice, because he's not the only one to call me bud on the phone. Lots of the dudes from the other dealerships do the same thing.

They're probably just being friendly. To them it's a term of endearment (maybe). But to me, ah! it drives me crazy!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Take it as a compliment. But yeah, I can see how that could be a peeve.

Megan said...

I had a mission companion that called all the elders "buddy." no wonder sisters get a bad wrap. Anyway, I like your blog, bud. jk about the bud part.

Holdinator said...

You know what, it's ok if I know you personally, particularly if we're old friends.
Thanks, Bud.

Matsby said...

Yeah, I remember Kenny. And when I was watching that show Teachers, I knew I knew him from somewhere - it was driving me crazy!

Chris said...

You should feel better to know that he wasn't called Bud... he was called, "Buuud".