Saturday, August 2, 2008

Books, Beards, and um ... B, uh, bbb

Another 'B' word? Can't think of one for the title.

Late last night after visiting J at work (thanks to the sleeping child-listening skills of J's younger sister) I decided I would surprise said younger sister with the newest installment in that one series written by an alum of BYU.

It was 12:30 and I thought for sure I could find a place that was still open from the midnight release parties and just run in, buy the thing, and be done.

I absolutely underestimated the, um, hysteria.

The American Idol tryouts earlier this week would be hard pressed to compete with the crowds I saw outside of Barnes and Noble.

Deseret Book even had a winding line that went out the door.

Walmart, though, had a pretty good system going one, and I was in and out shortly.

J's sister had a difficult time expressing her excitement at the gift. She said she had read the first chapter online four times during the couple hours I was gone.

As for the beard, I considered growing my beard until mini-Holdinator #3 arrives (sometime this month), but then I was informed that my company frowns on sales consultants wearing full beards.

So much for looking intelligent.

4 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

That is so sweet of you to buy the book for her sis. They are such great books. I can't put this one down.

Jessica said...

bampires. Good b word.

Laurie said...

You are CRAZY. But such a nice brother-in-law!

So they're ok with scruff at Saturn?

Holdinator said...

Well, one man's scruff is another man's two week beard.