Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Alive and Well

Yes it is. Most certainly it is.

Sexism, that is.

Did you know that there are public places that discriminate, BLATANTLY discriminate, against one of the sexes?

These places are probably more prevalent than you'd think.

This is the unthinkably sexist situation that I found myself in earlier today:

I went to change Jack's diaper in a public restroom, and of course I went in the Men's room, since I am a man after all. And in this restroom there was no changing table. Not in the main part of the restroom, not in one of the stalls (as is sometimes the case), not anywhere!

So I made the most of the situation, and changed him as best as I could without a changing table. When I came out with him I asked J, who had been in the Women's room not long before, whether there was a changing table in the Women's room or not. She told me there was.

Can you believe it?

The nerve! The outrage! The unspeakable DISCRIMINATION!

5 comments:

Megan said...

We've got to do something about this! Not all husbands and fathers are diaper savvy--we must support those that are.Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Unknown said...

I, too, have been a victim of this kind of discrimination. It's taken years of expensive therapy for me to be able to live a semi-normal life.

Jessica said...

chili's you communists!

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Burn your briefs.

Chrissy said...

awww I'm glad you help change diapers. I always feel happy when I hear about guys changing diapers. My grandma had 13 and my grandpa changed 0.