Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whoops

Remember that last post? The one about my getting a job at US Bank? I was slated to start on Monday, and was pretty excited about it.

But then I got another job offer today. This one as a manager in training with Seagull Book.

Two job offers in one week.

I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. I was so used to not hearing anything from places I applied/interviewed, or getting this phone call, "We've decided to go another direction."

So this was unusual to say the least. The ball was in my court. The decision became mine.

I've decided, but I won't say just now which I chose, because I want to find out your opinion. Which job should I have accepted?

10 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Both are really good positions because they are both secure businesses. I don't know...though.. they both have their pros and cons.. Seagull book would be great because you'll be in a great environment all the time and as a manager, you have that position now on your resume that is great for any other job in the future.. On the other hand US bank gives a lot of room for growth and moving up where you can't as a manager and there are banks every where. I don't know.. knowing you and your family I"m guess the Seagull book

Chrissy said...

Well I am very good at making decisions. I say you should become Lord of the Dance. I don't know what happened to the last guy and we need a new one.

Mark said...

Seagull Book. Totally.

TJ said...

I think you should take the one you picked.

Holdinator said...

Where did Chrissy get a copy of my river dance video?

Sacajawea said...

Bank - room for growth

Tiffany said...

My bro was a manager at Seagull Book- he liked it! But I agree with the others- more room for growth at US bank- plus you get holidays off and good banking hours!
Tough choice.

Unknown said...

I'd say it's 50/50...

U.S. Bank is a bigger name, and may have more room for growth, but banking isn't the most solid industry at the moment.

Seagull book is, of course, smaller, but you'd be starting out training as a manager.

I guess one unanswered question for me would be which one pays more. That would figure into it.

Laurie said...

I'm guessing you're going for the Seagull Book job.

Spencer Ellsworth said...

If you work at the bookstore, you and Jess will spend half your paycheck on ordering books.

You should still work there, though, as long as you can order in the stuff I want from Signature.

Lord of the Dance... personally, I'd rather go with Lord of the Rings. More absolute power.