Friday, January 18, 2008

Lesson Learned

Morgan really likes to do the dishes. He will occupy himself for extended periods of time at the sink washing and rinsing. As you can see, he's really cute when he does it too.
So this morning I needed to go downstairs and fold a load of laundry. Morgan had just got up to the sink to do the dishes, and I thought I had at least fifteen minutes. Perfect!
But while folding in our laundry room, which is directly below the kitchen, I heard the distinct sound of hundreds of small things falling onto the kitchen floor. I came upstairs to find Morgan busy, but not at the sink...
He had moved his chair and grabbed the box of his favorite cereal (Cinnamon Life) and dumped it on the counter and floor.I don't know if you can see it, but he had also opened one of the bottles of water pictured and dumped it on the spilled Life. Ahhh, Soggy cereal!
Annie didn't mind so much. I'm sure Cinnamon Life tastes a lot sweeter than her dog food.
Oh. Morgan had spent some time at the sink, but only enough (apparently) to get Mommy's ivy plant out of its pot and into the sink.
We hope the plant survives. It was a gift from a dear sister in the ward after Jessica's appendix removal.
Annie continued to assist me as I swept up and tried to get the kitchen presentable again.
What did Daddy learn today? If Morgan is doing the dishes, I may not leave him alone. You'd think I'd be wise enough to figure that out already, but I'm always so anxious to steal a moment or two to get something done. Oh well.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..... Little ones can accomplish a lot in such a small amount of time. (I wouldn't be laughing if I couldn't relate.) And he does look so cute standing at the sink.

Chrissy said...

I can't wait till Adia stops her freeloading and starts earning her keep.

Megan said...

you really can't turn your back for a second. Sheesh. Maggie and I have similar occurances all the time. But what a darling little dishes washer, plant wrecker, and life spiller he is.

The Betitas said...

that looks like a disaster area