Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Monthly Thing

I'm sure the kids at Hogi Yogi thought I was pretty weird; then again, I know they did. One of them called me an "RM Geek."

You see, when I first got home from my mission I got hired as a manager down at the Riverwoods Hogi Yogi/Teriyaki Stix. I had worked there for some time before my mission, and so immediately after I got home they offered me my job back. I took it, and then started a weekly tradition there.

I worked every Monday evening, and since that meant I missed FHE I decided to do something about it: I called it Hogi Home Evening.

I'd bring a Book of Mormon and when things were kind of slow all the employees would gather in back and we'd sing a primary song, have a short thought, and then share a frozen yogurt. The others were gracious enough to humor me in this ritual.

Now a few years later I have started another over-zealous ritual, this time on my other blog. You'll see what it is. I know it's kind of silly, but hey, I like the idea of doing it and hope that maybe perhaps it'll do some little good.

You may see my new thing here.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Brian, what a great idea. Having been visited by Home Teachers only once in the last six months I appreciate that now I can have you in my home every month :)

I'm glad you have that other blog--I had no idea. What a great avenue to make an impact, however large or small that may be in an individual life.

Thanks.

Laurie said...

I guess I need a faster processor in order to view all your video. Good job on your +100% home teaching!

Chrissy said...

This is the first time Spencer and I have had a home teacher in over two years. Thank you Brian.

TheKeilShpeel said...

I think that is wonderful that you did FHE at Hogi Yogi..