Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't Call Me Kyle Korver!

This post is all about haircuts. Joshua got his hair trimmed last week. He gave the stylist a hard time, teasing her and shaking his head back and forth a lot. But when it was all done, he looked better, a little more neat and "comely."
Last night while watching the Jazz game we noticed (along with most young ladies in Utah) that Kyle Korver had his hair cut as well. So at one point during the game when Joshua was doing something particularly silly I said something like, "Hey, stop that, Kyle Korver."
"Don't call me Kyle Korver!" he snapped back.

Fast forward to this morning. I was out with the boys on our way to an early lunch at Carl's Jr. where Joshua and Morgan could get some wiggle time in, and on a whim decided to stop at Dollar Cuts and get a trim for myself--after all, everyone else was doing it. I knew this was a dangerous choice inasmuch as I would be confined while my two little Holdinators would be free to roam around the place.
But bless the sweet lady who cut my hair! She immediately asked if it would be all right for the boys to have suckers (just tiny little dumb dumb size things) while she cut my hair. I didn't see any harm in that, so I agreed and miraculously they both just toddled around contentedly sucking away the entire time!
This is unprecedented! That place held all manner of interesting things to touch and play with, like brooms and dust pans (some of Morgan's absolute favorite things), hair products in colorful bottles, a number of magazines just begging to be torn apart and strewn all around the floor, many cords connected to interesting things like clippers and hair dryers, and of course drawers full of scissors and other "owies." But apparently none of these things tempted the boys. They must have invisibility spray that they use there that only affects the vision of children under the age of 12. Seriously, I couldn't account for their behavior.
But man, they sure earned their play time at Carl's Jr.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Photos please!

Sugar does magical things for kids.