Friday, February 1, 2008

Privacy

I like to shower, on days that I work at 1:00 and Jessica is attempting to get some rest before a grueling 12 hour night shift, after I put Morgan down for his morning nap. This is the best time because Joshua will usually entertain himself in one way or another.
So today, true to form, I laid Morgan down at 12:00 and went to spend a few minutes in the shower. I could hear Joshua upstairs laughing and yelling at something... he sounded pretty involved in whatever it was.

It turns out he was playing the Wii. I gathered this much information when, in the middle of my shower, suddenly a rush of cool air invaded the bathroom and then the shower curtain was yanked back to reveal my little tow-headed boy looking earnestly at me. I shivered out a little, "What's up, Bud?"

He told me that we was playing Mario Party and the paddle went (at this point he made up a word, which he frequently does when his vocabulary fails him). I tried to explain to him that I would be happy to help him when I got dressed, but then he told me something else about Mario Cart. I asked him to please shut the curtain because I didn't want him to get wet (and I wanted to salvage what warm air there was to be salvaged in the shower).

I pulled the curtain shut and he started to play a game that he made up yesterday while I was showering. It goes something like this: He leans into the shower curtain with his arms outstretched (thus minimizing my moving space) and tries to grab my legs. It must be tons of fun for him, but feels just a bit invasive to me.

Thankfully, today Jess heard him in the bathroom and came and rescued me by promising him that she would help solve his Wii problem.

Thanks, Jess. I love you.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Lovely! I got intruded on today too, by a girl who chased a dog into the bathroom. Next time I will make sure the door is securely shut.

I like that Josh makes up words.

Chrissy said...

I would try that game on Spencer but we moved into a place with no shower.
It's pretty odd to just take baths.

Megan said...

At least he didn't strip down and climb in, that's what my niece used to do to me. The door would open and in she'd come. Nothing like showering with a 3 year old.