Friday, February 29, 2008

Joshua and the Case of the Missing PB&J

I made the boys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches last night. I gave them each their sandwich and went to another room. A few minutes later, Joshua came and found me and said, "Daddy, I need to show you something."
"What is it, Bud?"
"Something happened to my sandwich."
"What happened to it?"
"I think someone ate it. I think Annie ate it."
(Annie was not at home at the time...)
"No, pal, I don't think Annie ate it, she's at Grandma's house with Jenessa."
"Well, I think someone ate it."
"Did you eat it?"
"No."
So I went with him and looked, and sure enough his sandwich was missing.
"What should we do?" I asked him.
"Make me another sandwich."
"Okay, Bud, but I need you to blow in my face for a second, okay?"
He did so and his breath betrayed a distinct peanut butter, jelly, and Grandma Sycamore's Honey Grain smell.
But since he was still hungry I went ahead and made him another sandwich anyway, which he heartily ate right up.I took this picture a little later (after Annie came home, obviously) just to document how gosh dang cute he looked yesterday in a sweater previously owned by his cousin Jackson.

A few minutes after this episode, Morgan was toddling around eating a Ritz cracker. I watched him approach the pets' water dish and before I could get to him he dipped the cracker and took a bite with lightning quick speed.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That story made me laugh--what a cute kid! I'm in nursery and when we have snack time, you'll find that ALL the kids dip their crackers, fruit loops, etc, in their water.... I don't know why that is?!

Laurie said...

Delightful. And delightfully delicious.

Mark said...

what a great story!