Friday, May 16, 2008

Look Out World!

This past Sunday at church a member of the primary presidency approached us and asked if Joshua was ready for his talk. He'd told her he was ready, but this was the first we'd heard about this. The sister had stopped by the house earlier in the week with the invitation to speak, and when we didn't answer left it on the door.

We found it in the back yard when we got home from church.

It was Mother's Day, so no big deal, I could help him wing a talk.

I sat in the back of the primary room during Sharing Time, and they announced the birthdays. It's been a while since Joshua's been to Sharing Time due to various illnesses, family things, etc, so they announced his birthday along with a couple of adults.

"Let's have all the birthday friends come and share what they like to do with us," said the presidency member.

Joshua walked up to the stand, pulled the microphone down, looked back and forth and got a very pleased look on his face...

"Hey! This is weird! [sundry other random things he said as well, I don't remember them all] I like to talk in microphones!"

This wasn't even his talk yet. Oh boy.

So when he was announced as the speaker I went up with him to try and keep things focused.

Me (whispering in his ear): "Talk about why you love Mommy."
Josh (in the microphone): "Talk about why you love Mommy."
Me: "Why do you love Mommy?"
Josh: "I love Love LOVE Mommy soooooo much!"
Me: "What does Mommy do for you?"
Josh: "She . . . " I'm pretty sure he made up some new words here.

Then I helped him bear testimony.

Public speaker and performer? That's my Joshy.

2 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

What a cute kid! That's a great story! :)

Laurie said...

Michael Scott loves microphones too! :)

That's a great story for the record. It also reminds me of another bold little boy I used to know. He once joined in playing wtih a band at a restaurant we were eating at.