Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Was It Really Worse Than Sugar Coated Strawberries?

mini-Holdinator #1: Daddy, will you open this fruit snack cinnamon roll for me [in case you require a translation: fruit roll-up]?
Me: No. You haven't had your dinner yet. I'll open it after you eat your dinner.
mini #1: DON'T TELL ME, DADDY!
Me: Look, I'll find you something to eat, then you can have it.
mini #1: Mormor [translation: my mom], will you open it?
My Mom: Your dad said not until you eat some dinner.

mini #1 leaves the room and has this conversation with my younger brother who's not a dad yet but will be in October-ish

mini #1: Will you open this for me?
My Brother: I don't think I'm supposed to.
mini #1: Just do it!
My Brother: But I think your dad would get mad.
mini #1: Just don't tell him.
My Brother: (takes the fruit roll-up from mini #1 and tears the end of the wrapper just a little): Look, I won't open it for you.
mini #1: Thanks (opens the foil the rest of the way).

they both come back into the room; the fruit roll-up is gone

My Mom: Where's the fruit roll-up?
mini #1: (looking very smug) I ate it.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Mark, Mark, Mark...What a bad influence :)

The Morty's said...

LOL Sounds like he knows how to get what he wants. Your kids are cute, Brain. I have enjoyed reading about them

~Loralee

Holdinator said...

I fully expect the weak-willed uncle to comment on this post. Maybe this will show how often he reads this blog (I'm pretty sure it isn't anywhere near as often as I check his way-out-of-date blog, last posted on April 18, ahem!).

That has to be the most hard time I've given him in years. I'm such a softy.

Laurie said...

Shame on him!

Anyway, I love the "cunning arts" label on this post. Can't wait to see the other posts that fall under that label.

Angie Lewis said...

Wow...nice...my husband has always been that way with other people's kids and now he has a kid and I tell him it will be returned to him tenfold...Hopefully you can return the favor to Mark one day! By the way, your kid sounds pretty sneaky!

Jessica said...

The thing about Joshy, is when he does something wrong he will usually just tell you about it. Or come in and say, "Stay out of the kitchen," before he does something in there he's not allowed. He's kind of like Abinadi that way. Needs to work on his sneaky skills.

Mark said...

Wow... you are giving me a hard time, aren't you? It's just lucky that I made it through all that greedy dude 1 & 2 stuff to get this far down... I shouldn't make excuses for not reading or posting often enough, but... yeah. He was too persistent, that mini #1. He told me to "come here" because he was going to tell me something. When we got to the end of the hall where nobody else was, he asked, "Will you open this for me?" I said, "no" a couple times, but he was so persistent! He even threatened me! Anyway, I knew I shouldn't have torn the edge for him, but I didn't realize I'd be called, "weak-willed"! Hah!

Holdinator said...

Let me check when I wrote this originally...

Holdinator said...

One month and five days! I'm terribly amused.

I can't believe you made your way through all the other posts to get to this one... that's showing some serious stick-to-it-ive-ness.