Saturday, June 21, 2008

What I Wouldn't Do...? I'm Not Sure

At a park the other day I played on the swings with the mini's. Mini-#2 thought it was really funny when I jumped off the swing I was on and rolled across the ground. His laugh at times like these is really infectious. It's like a burst of gut-busting glee that you'd do anything to hear.

Even jump out of a swing again after cutting your leg up on that bark stuff they fill playgrounds with.

I remember when they put sand in playgrounds. I broke my arm once landing on the sand.

Then there was the gravel. It got really hot in the sun and would get stuck in your shoe and turn your shorts all dusty if you sat down on it, or fell on it or whatever.

Was there something between the gravel and the bark?

Maybe padded plastic full of holes? Why not packaging peanuts?

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Why not memory foam for that matter?

Wood chips. It's a wonder there are any left in the parks when I see what comes home in shoes and socks and pockets.

Matsby said...

Oh man, just thinking about the gravel right now makes me sick. There was all that gravel dust and it smelled and the gravel would embed itself in cuts.

I don't think there was a missing link between gravel and bark, but the new thing is these foam peanuts. More substantial that packing peanuts, but softer than bark.

Holdinator said...

Man. Why don't any of the parks in Orem have those foam peanuts? They sound awesome.

Chrissy said...

Some places do recycled rubber, but I think we should go back to cement weeds out the weaker children.