Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Super Macho Tough Dude

mini#1 showing off his injury

Last night mini#1's friend came over to play. She is about two years older than him--he's already going for the older women, I know. They played on the swing set for a while when suddenly I heard her shouting that he was bleeding. I told him to come over and show me what happened, and he came to me with a huge smile on his face and blood dripping down his lower lip.

His friend told me he was on the rings and he fell. After my inspection I discovered that he bit his tongue.

There were some really strange things about this situation:
  1. mini#1 doesn't usually play on the rings on the swing set unless I'm holding him up the whole time; if I let go he screams
  2. anytime mini#1 gets hurt, even if the injury is really minor, he has a good hearty cry about it
  3. he seemed absolutely unconcerned about the blood
I've been trying to teach him to tough little things out like this for a while now. And now I know what I have to do to help him.

I just need to make sure there is a girl his age (or, you know, close to his age) around.

I gave him a high five and he went right back to playing, even though his friend was very concerned about the blood.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Right on mini #1, way to impress the ladies.